Centro Britânico's Corner

A place for Centro Britânico's students and teachers to meet.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

How to go about finding a trainee job?

Are you a university student? Are you looking for a trainee job? Here are some ways in which you could find one.

The first and obvious step is looking for opportunities to send your CV on the notice board of your university. If, after some time, no department calls you for an interview, then send your CV to companies which aren’t on the notice board but are offering trainee programmes. Again, wait for some time. If nobody calls you, try your social relationships. A friend or a relative who works in the area you are interest in, who could recommend you for an interview.

Although this is the last step I’m afraid it’s the one that works better. At least that’s what happened to me. My aunt teaches in the MBA of the BM&F and, after analyzing my CV, the Department of Human Resources called me for an interview and I got a trainee job.

I’m supposed to be there from 9 am to 1 pm every day to update the database of the economic currency markers, such as dollar, euro, etc; to make market simulations and to deal with the stockbrokers which operate on the BM&F stock market. It’s a very good experience because while I get used to the topics I’m studying I also make some money. It’s not too much, but it’s enough for a young man in his twenties to take his girlfriend out.

Well, try to get a trainee job. It’s worthwhile.

Project (based on a true story) from
André Luiz Segurado Catrocchio
Advanced 2 / T-T 14h15
Teacher Cecília M.

Centro Britânico
Perdizes Branch

2 Comments:

  • At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I really like your history, when my times came I will remeber it.
    Thank you.

     
  • At 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There´s a problem : what if you don't have any relatives or friends in your area?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home