Centro Britânico's Corner

A place for Centro Britânico's students and teachers to meet.

Monday, September 18, 2006

"A tricky situation"

This story happened when I was 17 years old.
My best friend was invited to her boyfriend’s party and asked me if I could lend her my jacket. I didn’t have parties on that weekend, so I lent her my jacket. The week passed and I was waiting the jacket’s return. It was a Thursday, August 27, when my best friend told me that she couldn’t return the jacket yet, because an accident had happened in the party.

I was very worried with the occurrence, because I didn’t know where my favorite jacket was … I loved that jacket!!! Two weeks passed and my friend talked to me again. She gave me back my jacket, but it was very different and I couldn’t recognize it. In the night I called her and she explained to me what had happened.

Here is the story’s abridgement: In the party, her boyfriend was eating a flambéed banana and he offered it to her. She was going to eat the banana, when her boyfriend threw down the plate on my jacket What happened after was a terrible accident: my jacket caught fire and this made a hole in front my jacket (when she told me this, I almost died). She jumped into the pool and her friend helped her, because she didn’t know how to swim.

She arrived in her home and mended my jacket with a patch. Although my jacket was different, I loved it! I presented the jacket to a important and famous stylist. He liked it so much and made a big production of my new jacket. My friend called me last week and said that she would go to her especial exposition the next day and I was invited. I explained her that I couldn’t go, because I was going to travel that day. She said me she would take a lot of photos and send them to me.

Project taken from "ALL STARS" - Unit 10
Camilla Souza Alencar
Progress 3 - Colégio Batista
Teacher Fernanda M.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home